Modern False ceiling designs are an excellent option to add another design element to your projects. In addition to being a way to combine designs, textures, shapes and lighting elements together, modern false ceilings are not just decorative. They can also help to hide a nice little slab for a uniform finish, as well as being a cover to hide pipes, ducts and lighting wiring , besides being insulating elements, both thermal and sound. Vinyl, wood, plaster, plaster of Paris (POP) ... the options are endless; and surely you have thought of including these false ceiling materials in your projects or designs without having the slightest idea of how they are installed. The good thing is that we bring you a small guide with everything you need to know when installing gypsum board false ceiling designs in your home interior).
If you have kids, Don't miss our tips and collection of Latest false ceiling designs for kid's room
Why should I install a false ceiling design for living roomFor those who want to renovate their living rooms, bedroom or dining rooms, the best option is Gypsum board (Plasterboard, drywall, gypsum board), this material does not have much time on the market, which makes it a wonderful technique to give all your environments a distinctive and quite original touch. This technique works using gypsum sheets and a lot of creativity to add a more delicate appearance and more movement to the false ceilings. If you want to know more about gypsum board false ceiling designs for living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens and offices, we have many tips that will help you decorate your home, you just have to consider the ceiling light, the shapes and have the exact measurements to make the installation perfectly
|gypsum board false ceiling design ideas with LED hidden lighting for living rooms|
|modern gypsum board false ceiling designs with LED indirect lighting 2018|
How to choose a gypsum board design for false ceilingsWith these tips, you will understand better the operation and use of gypsum board ceiling designs, so you can make the most of them and get unique and spectacular finishes in your projects.
1. highlight your room interior design with gypsum board design
If you want to have a house with beautiful details on the ceiling the best thing you can do is install a drywall ceiling design, or rather a false ceiling. It is a very economical way to give life to your spaces, the best way to do it in counting with quality materials that allow you to achieve what you want so much: A false ceiling design for living room with soft and aesthetic lines. Many times we think it is necessary to knock down the ceilings to install that special lamp, however that will not be necessary because with the gypsum board ceiling, you will simply enjoy a sub level in your conventional ceiling with good supports.
|gypsum board design for false ceilings with LED lighting for living rooms|
2. Create wonderful effects on the false ceiling designsWhen installing gypsum board designs for ceiling we have to consider several aspects, such as: Combining different materials such as galvanized steel profiles where the sheets will hang on the ceiling, special for the internal structures. Also, there is fiber cement that is used in external areas. Do not forget that you will need drills, bricks and other tools to fix the sheets. If you want it to look like film mastic, when the gypsum board designs dry you can place several layers of paint. One of the advantages it has is that it dries very fast.
You also may like to explore: 3D ceiling design ideas
3. choose the colored LED ceiling lights properly
|gypsum board design for false ceiling designs and living room walls|
|artistic gypsum board wall ideas and false ceiling designs with LED indirect lighting|
4. Use gypsum board designs on both ceiling sidesOne of the best ways to have a gypsum board ceiling design at home is to place it on the sides, so that they make symmetry and create a kind of game between them. When installing fall ceiling designs, very harmonious and interesting effects are created, you can use them in all kinds of remodeling projects. This is a very original and classic way of giving the rooms of the girls a more delicate touch, it is not necessary to remodel everything, rather it is based on practicality and is based on the positive effect of the lights. You can place more daring plasterboard designs if you wish, it's a matter of taste.
Don't miss: Modern pop false ceiling designs for hall
5. Install round gypsum board design for false ceilingThe best thing about drywall is that it is very flexible, for this reason you can make figures of any design that you can think of. Here the style is the key, the idea is that you adapt the gypsum board design to what suits you, dimensions and designs. You have total freedom to do what you want, but everything with balance and harmony, no scribbling on the ceiling. Preferably contact a professional who can advise you. You can guide yourself with these gypsum board ceiling design ideas, look how beautiful this LED indirect lighting for false ceiling looks. If you want to know new lighting techniques, we suggest you read: Amazing LED indirect ceiling lighting.
|latest gypsum board design ideas for false ceiling designs for living room with decorative lighting|
6. Use the advantages of gypsum board ceilings in your designFor those who want to install a false ceiling design of gypsum board at home, you must know the advantages: It is a very noble material, because it does not contribute to combustion. Also, it works as a barrier against fire and decreases its spread, since it is not flammable. It provides both thermal and acoustic insulation, so you can place them in the bedrooms to rest properly. Likewise, it does not change its shape, nor does it expand or be damaged with changes in humidity and temperature. Another positive aspect is that the structure of the base does not rust, so we suggest you buy gypsum board design for false ceilings.
|modern false ceiling designs for living room and gypsum board walls with indirect lighting 2018|
Tips for gypsum board false ceiling installation
Knowing the height of the roomBefore planning any design, you must take into account the height of the room where the gypsum board false ceiling design will be incorporated. You need a different distance between the slab between the floor and the ceiling. If you use it to hide ducts and cables, the height will be higher to allow these pipes to pass, but if it is only decorative, the fall ceiling design can be anchored as close as possible to the roof slab. The minimum height between the gypsum board ceiling design and the floor of the room must be 2.40 m in order not to generate a suffocated and enclosed environment. If you are lucky enough to have a larger mezzanine, you can install a gypsum board false ceiling with several levels without worrying about the height of the living room.
2) Choose a false ceiling design for the pipelinesIf your gypsum board false ceiling design for living will serve to hide pipes, ducts and others, you must design and install a structure that will support these elements. Depending on the type of pipe or duct, this can be fixed directly to the roof slab or supported by metal structures. After defining the way in which they will be fixed, either to the ceiling or to a separate structure, the installation of the structure for the ceiling panels will be carried out, which can be independent or fixed directly to the structure of the ducts.
2) What you need to install a gypsum board ceiling designAfter knowing the height you will use between the ceiling and the false ceiling, we can proceed to the following steps:
- Prepare the surface: Make sure that the roof slab is in good condition and does not show moisture so as not to damage the roof and remember to frame and leave the perimeter walls painted since they will be visible even if the roof covers a part.
- Trace the perimeter of the roof : Now we will begin to mark the heights on the walls, use a cord with nails to make sure that these lines are as straight as possible. Fix the perimeter rails on the wall, drilling every 60 cm to introduce the screws that will anchor it to the wall.
- Install the longitudinal profiles: According to the measurements of the room, the longitudinal profiles will be cut and installed, supporting them on the perimeter profiles and fixing them on the roof slab at equitable distances.
|gypsum board designs 2018 for bedroom false ceilings and wall|
3) Install the panelsAfter having the base profiles installed, we proceed to place the secondary profiles, which are cut to size depending on the design and size of the gypsum board ceiling panels that we will use and are supported and fixed to the main rails. Once this structural grid is installed, we will place the panels, which can vary their composition and size depending on the use and design we make, from plaster to wood, with endless options for covering the structure, adapting the false ceiling to what better complement the space. These sheets are placed in the ceiling structure through the openings, allowing them to descend parallel to the floor until they fit with the main and secondary rails.
4) The wiringAnother very important point is design of the wiring that will be hidden in our gypsum board false ceiling. There are multiple ways to hide the wiring that is located on the ceiling, from pipes to grids, the important thing is to always keep them fixed in one place and keep them away from the panels in case they can heat up and deteriorate them. The circuit of cables must have a direct connection with the light switches to be able to turn them off and turn them on a whim. A point in favor of the gypsum board ceiling design is that you can assemble and disassemble the panels to move or replace the cables or bulbs of the circuit that are damaged without breaking or modifying the roof.
5) Modern False ceiling lighting ideas and options
Using the gypsum board ceiling to highlight a certain area in the living room, it is not necessary to create a complete false ceiling plan, just by dropping some parts an entirely different effect is achieved ... and emphasizing these finishes with ceiling lights makes it even more dramatic. false ceiling lighting ideas have no limits, you can use everything from portholes to LED indirect lighting, depending on the type of setting you want to give to the space.
|false ceiling gypsum board design ideas with colored indirect lighting|
Gypsum board ceiling design ideas to install
|gypsum board design catalogue for false ceiling with LED indirect lighting|
|gypsum board design catalogue for false ceiling designs|
Since you know better how these gypsum board false ceilings work, we invite you to include them in your projects and designs, do not forget the fundamental tips for a good installation and above all, a lot of creativity!